WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In general, R.E.A.L.® Discussion collects, uses and discloses Personal Information for the purposes identified at the time of collection, or as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law. More specifically, we collect, use and disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to establish and manage client relationships;
- to develop, enhance, market or otherwise provide R.E.A.L.® Discussion’s products and services;
- to establish and maintain commercial relationships with clients, suppliers and other third parties, including to issue invoices, administer accounts, collect and process payments, and to fulfill contractual obligations;
- to establish, manage and terminate employment, contractual and partnership relationships;
- to understand and respond to client, supplier and other third party needs and preferences, including to contact and communicate with such parties and to conduct surveys, research and evaluations;
- to market, sell or otherwise provide products and services of third parties with whom R.E.A.L.® Discussion has a commercial relationship;
- to distribute newsletters and other informational e-mail communications, conference information and other material to individuals on our mail and e-mail lists, including via third party mailing houses and e-mail service providers;
- to develop and manage R.E.A.L.® Discussion’s business and operations;
- to detect and protect R.E.A.L.® Discussion and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with R.E.A.L.® Discussion policies and contractual obligations;
- to engage in business transactions, including the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, or financing involving R.E.A.L.® Discussion;
- as permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; and
- for any other purpose to which you consent.
TO WHOM DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
From time to time, R.E.A.L.® Discussion may disclose your Personal Information to:
- service providers, including an organization or individual retained by R.E.A.L.® Discussion to perform functions on its behalf, such as marketing, data processing, document management and office services;
- a person who, in the reasonable judgment of R.E.A.L.® Discussion, is providing or seeking the information as your agent;
- to our insurers and to regulatory agencies applicable to the operations of R.E.A.L.® Discussion;
- to personnel in R.E.A.L.® Discussion, government authorities, insurers, benefits providers, consultants or agents as reasonably required to establish, manage or terminate employment, contractual and partnership relationships; and
- any third party or parties, where you consent to such disclosure or where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Your Personal Information is stored in secured locations and on servers located at the offices of our service providers.
HOW MAY YOU OBTAIN ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Upon your written request, R.E.A.L.® Discussion will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your Personal Information and will give you access to that information. Access requests should be sent to the individual identified below.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
To help protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information, R.E.A.L.® Discussion employs administrative and technological safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of your Personal Information. Where Personal Information is sent to a third party for processing we ensure, through our contacts with them, that all Personal Information is kept secure. We operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems.
PRIVACY AND OUR WEBSITE
Online Communications – In order to provide our website visitors with a service or information, visitors may voluntarily submit Personal Information to us for purposes such as asking a question, obtaining information, reviewing or downloading a publication, subscribing to a newsletter or a mail or e-mail list, participating in a seminar or other event, and participating in contests and surveys. If you are known to R.E.A.L.® Discussion as a registered user of an online service, we may combine and store Personal Information about your use of our website and the online information you have provided with certain other online and offline information we may have collected.
E-mail Communications – Occasionally, we may send marketing or promotional e-mail communications to you with information that may be useful, including information about the services of R.E.A.L.® Discussion and other third parties with whom we have a relationship. In this process, we may collect certain information such as the date/time you first opened our e-mail communications, the number of times you open our e-mail communications, the number of click-throughs per article, total click-through activity on the contents of our e-mail communications and compile generally the related statistics. We may combine and store any such information to manage and improve our e-mail communications to you. We will include instructions on how to unsubscribe and inform us of preferences if you decide you do not want to receive any future marketing or promotional e-mails from R.E.A.L.® Discussion.
Links – Our website may contain links to other websites which are provided as a convenience only. Visitors are advised that other third party websites may have different privacy policies and practices than R.E.A.L.® Discussion, and R.E.A.L.® Discussion has no responsibility for such third party websites.
For information on R.E.A.L.® Discussion’s privacy practices, please contact us.